Pages

Visit ADORAMA for ALL your Photographic needs - I Do!! Just Follow this link

Thursday, 14 April 2011

Olympus E-5 DSLR Reviewed by DPREVIEW.COM

As I`m of the personal opinion that DPREVIEW Staff are biased towards Canon, Nikon and Adobe Photoshop the following verdict pronounced over the Olympus E-5 really surprised me.

Screen printed from DPREVIEW.COM and then cropped.

I would just like to know how many people actually use these so-called high ISO Settings.  In the "good old days" of photography very few photographers ventured above 400ASA unless they wanted a specific result such as "graininess".

or ...........

Maybe I`m wrong :-/

Might the following statement be true?  "People use high ISO settings just for the sake of using these because it is available and then complain about the result because we are a culture of "moaners"?

It seems to me that poor performance at higher ISO settings has replaced the megapixel debate as the choice of argument.  Just like with most software available only a fraction of the capabilities of a camera system is utilised and few photographers have the inclination or time to try and use most features on a routine basis.


My selfish tirade aside the verdict is still good and in the ball park with most other DSLR cameras out there.

My own verdict to follow soon.  BTW I AM biased TOWARDS OLYMPUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment